Sunday, June 19, 2011

i didn't mean to hurt you, i'd never thought we'd fall out of place

To love is to put everything you've got out
& know that you have a chance of losing it all.
For every piece of me that wants you,
another piece fights away.
~James Morrison
Sometimes the things you want the most don't happen
& what you least expects happens.
I don't know - you meet thousands of people
& none of them really touch you.
And then you meet one person & your
life is changed forever.
~Love & Other Drugs
You are only as good as the love you have for other people.
Thank you, for showing that you care,
even if it's for the slightest bit.
That was all I needed to know - that
all this heartache isn't in vain,
that you're worth the pain.
You can never be "just friends" with somebody
you used to love, simply because a part
of you will always love them, no matter what.
Someday someone is going to look at you
with a light in their eyes you've never seen,
they'll look at you like you're everything they've
been looking for their entire lives. Wait for it.
It was true. There were so many guys in the world.
But of course you didn't fall in love with every
one of them. And sometimes you still held on to
someone from your past, hoping that maybe
someday they'd come back. That was the sickening thing.
I still ached for him & I knew he was miles away from me,
aching for someone else. And I wondered how that was fair.
You can't just wake up and stop loving someone.
You never really stop loving someone,
you just learn to live without them.
And I'll act like I don't care because if there's one thing
that I hate, it's sympathy. But I'm not good for you,
& if you want my friends' opinions, you aren't
good for me either. But disregarding all of that,
you still hold my heart, just like always.
Don't worry about me. My heart's not broken anymore.
You should be worrying about yourself.
Because, as far as I can see, you're still an asshole.
Some people will stay in your heart even though you're gone in theirs.
Someday you'll find someone special again.
People who've been in love once usually do.
It's in their nature. ~ Nicholas Sparks
I long for the day when I will finally stop missing you.
When I can walk past you & ignore the fact that you once
completed me in every way possible. It's not that
I want to forget you. I just want to forget how you made
me feel. I want to forget so I can open up & allow
someone to make me feel that way again.
Don't give up on something just because you
don't think things will work, you won't
know unless you give it a try.
Don't worry about failure.
Worry about the chances you miss
when you don't even try.
In a perfect world, you can fuck people without
giving them a piece of your heart.
And every glittering kiss & every touch of flesh
is another share of heart you'll never see again.
~ Neil Gaiman
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for difficult times. During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations, because they
give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach
you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you made a difference.
It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for their setbacks.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.
Eventually the fast text message responses will become slow.
The long conversation will cut short. The attention
they give you will become neglected. The comfort they give
you will become something awkward. The time they
have for you will become non existent. The feeling of being
close to them will become distant.
You only really get over somebody
when you find someone else
that you care about more.
~Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
"Sometimes, I think my whole life has been
about holding onto you."
~Jodi Piccoult
There are things we easily forget.
People we think are easily replaceable.
Relationships we throw away because we think
it's not worth our time and effort.
And then there are those that we can't let go at all,
no matter how bad the memories were.
We hang onto them because when all is said and done,
when people finally left and relationships weaken,
memories are all we would ever have.
Take chances, take a lot of them.
Because honestly, no matter
where you end up & with whom,
it always ends up just the way it should be.
Your mistakes make you who you are.
You learn & grow with each choice you make.
Everything is worth it.
Say how you feel always.
Be you, and be okay with it.
The people who really care won't hurt you,
but if they do, you'll see it in their eyes,
for they'll be hurting too.
Her life was beginning to make sense again,
although she couldn't say she was enjoying it.
But her mind was clear, and her heart was not
constantly as heavy. Only when she thought about him.
But she knew that in time, she'd survive it.
She had done it before & would again.
Eventually the heart repairs.
~Danielle Steel

No comments: