Friday, February 25, 2011

something about baby, you & i

"I guess I still need to constantly remind myself that
trying to reconnect with you is pointless.
At least, for now anyways.
I don't need you in my life, & everyone was right
when they told me that time would heal everything.
I must admit that I sometimes wonder
how you are, where you are, & who's loving you now.
But then I snap back into reality, & I remember
that I shouldn't keep returning to the past.
I have a very bright future ahead of me,
& it'll shine just as brightly with you in it or not."
Sometimes, it's ok to let go of some people,
to help them understand your
value & importance in the future.
Hating is for the weak.
Loving is for the strong. It takes more to love someone
who wronged you than
to hate them.
If you ignore me, I will ignore you.
If you don't start the conversation, we won't talk.
If you don't put in the effort, then why should I?
Whenever a person is ignoring me, what they're actually doing is
making a conscious choice to communicate
that I'm not important to them....
it is also giving me an idea to care less.
It takes a lot of strength to hold on,
but sometimes it takes
much more strength to just let go & move on.
Cutting people out of your life is easy,
Keeping them in is hard.
People never change, they just become more of who they truly are.

No comments: