Wednesday, May 4, 2011

you can go your own way

True love is rare, and it's the only thing
that gives life meaning.
There is no person in the world who is made
to handle every punch that's thrown at them.
We aren't made that way.
In fact, we're made to get mad, upset,
sad, be hurt, stumble & fall.
We aren't supposed to be able to handle everything.
But that's what makes us stronger in the end,
by learning from the things that hurt us most.
But when I say let's keep in touch, I really mean I wish that you'd grow up.
"I'd never thought I'd hear myself saying this,
but thank you. Because if you hadn't
have come along, I never would have learned
that my worst day could also have been my best.
Because when a heart breaks, it also opens;
& once a heart opens any number of things can happen,
and some of them can be wonderful."
Even if it takes a lifetime to get over you
Heaven only knows, I will love again.
Because in every relationship there comes a point
when the damage is too much
& no matter how good it once was,
the memories can't sustain you.
You have to save yourself
knowing all the while it will hurt like hell.
Because you can't keep giving someone everything
if you get nothing in return.
...did you ever get that feeling like someone's squeezing
your heart and you can't breath, & your chest hurts
so much that the only thing you can do is cry....
that's how i feel right now.
i've gone through this before...& that's why i don't get why
this is so hard for me to deal with...it's the simple fact
that he just doesn't want me like i want him, i guess, maybe,
it's so hard because for a while there...
he made me feel like he did...maybe that's the difference.
Fearless is having the courage to say goodbye
to someone who only hurts you,
even though you can't breathe without them.
I think it's fearless to fall for your best friend
even thought he's in love with someone else.
And when someone apologizes to you enough times
for things they'll never stop doing,
I think it's fearless to stop believing them.
~Taylor Swift
We had said goodbye so many times before,
but somehow our paths always managed to cross
and we ended up in each other's arms.
But now when we said this goodbye
I have this feeling that I will never see you again.
And that really hurts because I know that
we are meant to lead our own seperate lives.
And I honestly don't wanna cross your path in the future
cause I don't want all these feelings to come back
and have to try to get all over again.
but yeah, I'll be fine without you,
I'll make it somehow. And soon I'll get over you.
Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one
You have been the one for me.
And as you move on,
remember me.
Remember us and all we used to be.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
~James Blunt
If you hold back on the emotions ---
if you don't allow yourself to go all the way through ---
you can never get to being detached,
you're too busy being afraid.
You're afraid of the pain, you're afraid of the grief.
You're afraid of the vulnerability that loving entails.
But by throwing yourself into these emotions,
by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way,
over your head even, you experience them fully & completely.
You know what pain is. You know what love is.
You know what grief is. And only then you can say,
"All right. I have experienced that emotion.
I recognize that emotion. Now I need
to detach from that emotion for a moment."
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant
but it is very important that you do it
because nobody else will.

No comments: