Monday, July 11, 2011

disguise my tears so that you'll never see

Imagine if I were you & you were me.
And I saw what you saw & felt what you felt.
And finally I could understand you
& why you do these things to me.
And you could know where I'm coming from
& why I do these things I do.
You still cross my mind from time to time.
And I mostly smile.
Still so set on finding out where we went wrong & why.
So I retrace our every step with an unsure pen,
trying to figure out what my head thinks,
but my head just ain't what it used to be.
And then again, what's the point anyway?
Never take too much care on someone,
because you won't be able to stand the pain
when they start avoiding you.
Forgiveness might make us look weak,
but the weakest person is the ones
who hold hatred and anger.
I guess I just got tired being the last thing on your mind.
When someone walks out of your life, let them.
There's no use in wasting your time on people that leave you.
What you make of yourself & your future is no longer tied to them.
Yeah, you may miss them. But remember that
you weren't the one that gave up.
It's amazing how guys always act like big, bad, tough guys,
yet they're always too scared to admit something.
Don't come running back to me,
when you get treated the exact same way you treated me.
There is a difference between
giving up and knowing
when you've had enough.
I might not be everything you ever wanted,
but I'm always going to be more than you deserve.
So when she forgets about you, don't you dare think of me.
You don't need to give reasons for the things you do --
you just have to do what you want.
And sometimes the thing that seems messed up
to everyone else is what's right for you.
You have to do it & not be ashamed for it.
~Kristen Stewart
Numbing the pain for a while
will make it worse
when you finally feel it.
~Albus Dumbledore
You don't know what you've put me through.
It's okay, I've forgiven you.
But in some way, I hope it fucks with you.
Like a rainbow after the rain,
there's always a good thing after the pain.
It's like you wait until I'm happy again,
and then you decide to walk right back into my life.
And one day I hope you look back at what we had,
and regret every single thing you did to let it end.
I'm not much of a revenge person,
because I think when you start with revenge
it cheapens what you've been through.
My rule is to hold your head high
and never stop looking that person in the eye,
because they know & you know,
and you're still the professional.
And they can just feel like an
ass for the rest of their lives.
That's my favorite thing to do.
~Sophia Bush
What's worse; not getting everything you wished for,
or getting it but finding out it's not enough?
~One Tree Hill

No comments: