Friday, July 1, 2011

if you wait for someone else's hand, you will surely fall down

Be thankful for every heartbreak,
for they were planned.
They come into your life just to
reveal another layer of yourself to
you, and then leave. Their
purpose is to shake you up, tear
apart your ego a little bit, show you
your obstacles & addictions, break
your heart open so new light
can get in, make you
so desperate & out of control
that you have to transform your life.
And you do.
And all she wants is someone to be afraid of losing her.
You can either see people for who they are
at face value or for the liars they can become.
You held your pride like you should've held me.
All the time we know that the things we love
at any time now can be all taken away.
We live knowing that & we keep going anyway.
Sometimes, the best feeling in the world isn't falling in love,
it's falling out of love with someone who never really loved you.
It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days,
sometimes even a single day, can change
the course of a whole lifetime.
~Khaled Hossini (The Kite Runner)
And even after every bad thing he did,
every stupid lie he told me, & even after
every girl he's kissed, I know he did love me
in his own messed up way. Because you can't
keep coming back to the same girl time after time
if those feelings aren't there.
I always thought you'd come back.
I thought that we would always be, well...us.
We'd say some things, you'd leave but you'd always
come around. You always did. But this time,
this time you turned your back and left,
with not even a glance at the mess you left behind.
This time, it was different. You never came back.
And as much as I'd hate to admit it, I miss you.
Look at what you've done. Look at what you've ruined.
Three months ago, if you asked me,
I would have told you that if you really
loved someone, you'd let them go.
But now I look at you, & I dream about you,
and I see that I've been wrong.
If you really love someone, I think
you have to take them back.
What we have once enjoyed we can never lose.
All that we love deeply becomes a part of us...
~Helen Keller
What you did was unforgivable.
You knew what you were doing
& you knew it would hurt me,
but somehow, that still didn't stop you.
People ask why is love so hard to hold unto.
I ask, if you have to hold on hard to your love,
is it really love you're holding onto?
Cause I regret everything that I said to
ever make him feel like he was something
special, or that he ever really mattered.
I love you and I probably always will.
But we go days without having a meaningful
conversation. And, I used to miss you so much
when that happened. But it never seemed
like you missed me, and I guess because of it,
I stopped missing you.
~One Tree Hill
I keep telling myself
"he's going to break my heart"
but another voice always tells me
"no, he's going to heal it"
Maybe it doesn't mean anything to you anymore.
Maybe it never did...but it meant a lot to me.
You meant a lot to me. And you still do.
~The O.C.
The hardest thing in life is letting go of what you thought was real.
Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love,
it's a waste of your time. There are too many
mediocre things in life; & Love shouldn't be one of them.
You have to get hurt. That's how you learn.
The strongest people out there, the ones who laugh
the hardest with a genuine smile; those are the
people who have fought the toughest battles because
they've decided that they're not going to
let anything hold them down. They're moving on.

No comments: